Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Hats, sort of

I wanted to make a child's hat. I looked/tried several different patterns. Since I'm sending them to the Dulaan Project, I'm knitting 'em double stranded to make them extra warm.

Could NOT get the first one to work right. I thought I'd try a variation on a couple of patterns, knitting in garter, then a modified seed stitch (K1, P1 for a row, K next row, P1, K1 for the row after). Maybe it really does have a name. I don't know. It looked cute. But I don't think it will work as a hat. I thought about frogging (again), but the start of the yarn was starting to fray :(

So now, it's a bowl. Non-felted (it's superwash merino), but I'll use it to hold stuff on my bureau. Oh, it's Laines Du Nord. I don't think I'll buy it again. (I think I know now why they stuck it in the clearance bin!)

I'm much happier with the second. Your basic stockinette roll-brim hat, in Trendsetter Yarns Tonalita. I'd never heard of it, but I really liked it. I'll try to get pics up later this week.

Totals used: bowl--85g; proper hat--56g; grand total 141g

Some Plymouth Baby Alpaca is calling me now.....

No comments: