Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Some knitting, more destashing!

See, my birthday was last week, and my husband let me visit three yarn shops!

To compensate for all the yarny goodness I brought home, I did some destashing.

I sent, to various people:

Cascade Quattro (2 skeins) 200g
Knitting Fuzzy Fur (1 skein) 12.4g
Knitting Funky Fringe (2 skeins)58.8g
Peaches & Creme (2 skeins) 113.4g
Caron Perfect Match (2 skeins) 396g
Araucana Nature Wool Chunky (2) 200g
Plymouth Dreambaby DK (1) 50g
Karabella Magic (2 skeins) 100g

Total destashed: 1130.6g

Knitting-wise, I finished the blue afghan squares (total 51.05g of Plymouth Encore):



I made a tuffet with Patons Classic Merino in black and Yarn Bee Dream Girl in Rebekah. Total g: 369.96. Here it is, post-felting, with cat:



I made a dishcloth using LionBrand MicroSpun (which is amazingly soft once washed). Total g: 52.45.



I also made a Forest Canopy Shawl, using 181.44g of worsted weight Malabrigo in Oceanus. I haven't blocked it yet, and I'm waiting to do that before I take pictures. I'm trying to figure out how to block it without the cats getting to it.

Total knitted: 654.9g

Grand total for Chicago: 1785.5g.

No comments: