Wednesday, February 28, 2007

hello

Hi everybody -
I am a knitter in a house full of obsessed NASCAR fans. My boys are big fans of Tony Stewart and Jeff Gordon (the kids are 6 and 8, so their favorites were picked completely arbitrarily - "Hey, look, that car says Home Depot! That one has flames!"), and I think my husband would leave me for Jimmie Johnson if he could. I'm not a huge fan but I do enjoy sitting with the guys and knitting while they watch the race. They get so excited it makes it a lot of fun. Full disclosure - I am a pretty slow knitter, I have to take frequent breaks to tend my baby daughter (a future NASCAR fan, I'm sure), and I don't really have enough stash where I'd be selling any of it, so I won't be winning any prizes. However, I saw the name "NASCAR knitters" and I knew I had to get involved.
Have a great week - see you on Sunday!

No comments: